Chairman, Board, Directors
- Joint Chairmen - Bill Waterson, Lawrence Looney
- Directors - Derek Wilshaw, Neil Faulkner, Mike Adams, John Coyne, Rob Esteva, Cathal Morrison
Above, left to right: Bill Waterson, Lawrence Looney, Grahame Rowley, Derek Wilshaw, Neil Faulkner
Recent Board History 2010-
Grahame Rowley became Chairman on 13 September 2010 after Geoff Goodwin resigned on that date. Grahame had previously been vice-chairman, having joined the Board in 2002. Grahame is a local man and a longstanding supporter of the club who, for many years, has also co-edited the matchday programme, with his brother, Terry.
From 14 September 2010, the Board comprised: Grahame Rowley (chairman), Andrew Shaw (vice-chairman), Derek Wilshaw and Paul Daine. Andrew was appointed vice-chairman in June 2011.
Andrew Shaw was named as vice-chairman in June 2011, a post he resigned on 1 February 2017 and, five days later, it was announced that Bill Waterson had become a significant shareholder and had joined the Board. In April 2016 Bill, a lifelong supporter, had made a significant donation to the Football Club. Nigel Collins left in 2017 and Barry Pond retired at the end of the 2016-17 season.
Local company J Davidson became the major sponsors from 2011/12. The club has since continued to live within its means and took a big step forward with the building of a large Community Sports Hall within the stadium, which opened at the end of 2014 and has quickly become a community hub for the Altrincham area.
On 26 February 2017 it was announced that Paul Daine and Nigel Collins had resigned and that Mike Adams, who has a wealth of commercial experience, had been appointed as a Director, with particular responsibility for the Club's financial accounting. After joining initially as an Associate Director in 2017, Rob Esteva became a full Director in January 2018 but resigned in January 2019 owing to family and professional commitments.
On 22 March 2018 it was announced that Lawrence Looney, former Chief Executive at Lancaster City, had joined the Board.
In late November 2019 it was announced that John Coyne had accepted an invitation to join the board of the football club from December. And on 15 May 2020, it was announced that Rob Esteva had returned to the board as Director of Football.
Having earlier annouced that he would be standing down as Chairman, Grahame Rowley handed over to the joint chairmanship of Bill Waterson and Lawrence Looney on 1 June 2020. Grahame remained on the club board and was appointed as the Club's Presidemt. On 4 November 2020 it was announced that Cathal Morrison had been appointed as a director of the club.
On 223 January 2021, Altrincham FC has announced that Chris Parry and Scott Burton, two businessmen based in Vancouver, Canada, had joined the club's Board. Chris Parry is an Australian by origin who runs Equity Guru, an information provision and analysis company focusing on millennial investors, while Scott Burton is CEO of FansUnite Entertainment, a sports and entertainment company focused on technology related to online sports betting".
As of 23 January 2021, therefore, the Board of Altrincham FC therefore, as listed in the December 2020 digital versions of the Robins' Review, plus the two new appointees, comprises:
- Joint Chairmen - Bill Waterson, Lawrence Looney
- Directors - Derek Wilshaw, Neil Faulkner, John Coyne, Rob Esteva, Cathal Morrison, Chris Parry, Scott Burton.
Earlier History: The Altrincham FC Board 2002-10
The Club has been through various changes in the past decade.
In late July, 2002, Geoff Goodwin, owner of the Go Goodwins coach company, became Chairman. In the previous two years Mark Harris had become the Chairman in early 2001. However, Mark, who was formerly the Deputy Chairman, himself resigned w.e.f. the end of the 2001-02 season.
New Directors were appointed from February 2001 after the Club had been saved from a winding-up order threatened by an ex-Director. The remaining Board members resigned in May 2002, and the major shareholders, led by Gerry Berman, held an EGM on 17 June 2002. From this, a new Board emerged comprising Grahame Rowley and Geoff Goodwin both nominated by Graham Heathcote, and Andrew Shaw nominated by Len Rosenfield. They brought much needed stability to the clubs operations, with a small operating profit being made in 2002-03.
They battled hard to pay off the club's debts, which they inherited, and the local council's sale of the car park at Moss Lane brought a much-needed cash injection in 2007. In summer 2006, Grahame Rowley was named as Vice-Chairman and Derek Wilshaw joined Carole Hassan and Barry Pond on an expanded Board. Derek also assumed the role of Club Secretary from Graham Heathcote.
A significant step in the club's remergence at national level came when Andrew Shaw was elected to the Football Conference's national board in October 2006. At the end of May 2007, former Football League chief executive David Burns joined the Board. Sadly, David died in January 2009. Barry Pond resigned from the board at the end of 2008-09 season but became an Associate Director in July 2013, a role to which dormer Kidderminster Harriers' director Nigel Collins was also added bur he has since left.
In June 2008, Carole Hassan resigned due to her other commitments, her place on the Board being taken by Paul Daine, a local businessman who owns the Premium Collections company.
Under the guidance of Geoff Goodwin the club moved from the brink of insolvency to a position of stability through a policy of financial prudence. The club refused to follow the easy path of administration, by which the club's creditors would have been left out of pocket, and instead worked hard to return to solvency.
Under his chairmanship the club consistently reported a small profit each year. Geoff resigned as Chairman in September 2010, with Grahame Rowley assuming that role.
- President - Grahame Rowley
- Vice Presidents - D. Aldcroft, I. Foden, D. Whipp, J.Evans, D. Ordman, J. Heslop, R Impey, G. Muir, M. Green, N. Faulkner, B.Smith, C. Harrison, B.Peters, M. Harris, P. Smith
- Life Vice Presidents - D. Baldwin, B. Coop, D.Wilshaw, B.Pond, B.Flynn, A. Shaw, S. Crompton, G. Goodwin, T.Surridge, C.Nash O.B.E., D.Tracey, J.Wagg, R.Armstrong, M Maddox, J. Prince, J. Laidlar, E. Robinson, J. Vince
General Manager: Paul CarterIn June 2019 Paul, former Secretary at Stalybridge Celtic, succeeded Derek Wilshaw as Club Secretary. Derek retired after being in post from 24 July, 2006, when he replaced Graham Heathcote in that position. Prior to his appointment as Club Secretary, Derek had for many years previously worked on a voluntary basis in the Moss Lane offices of the Football Club.
Paul became full-time General Manager of the football club in November 2020. This was a new post created to embrace not only Derek Wilshaw's role but also much of the administrative work carried out by former chairman Grahame Rowley and his wife Karen.
Team ManagementFirst Team:
- Manager - Phil Parkinson (above, far left)
- Assistant Manager - Neil Sorvel (above, second from left)
- Head Coach - TBC
- Analyst - Mark Bushell (above, far right)
For more details of the First Team management see the Club Management page.
- Managers - Ryan Barry and Matt Graetzer
- Managers: - TBC
- Manager - Paul Fay
- Coach - Sam Heathcote
- Manager - Steve Mort
- Manager - Sara Newton
First Team Support Staff
- Kitman - Steve Foster and John Skelhorn
- Chief Scouts - Bob McClement and Bill East
Medical & Rehabilitation Staff
- Club Doctor - Dr Robert Jackson
- Sports Therapists - Tommy Uda, BSc.(Hons) Sports Therapy, and Ryan Murray, BSc.(Hons) Sports and Exercise Science, MSc. (Sports Therapy)
Above, left to right: Ryan Murray and Tommy Uda
Neil Brown was manager of Altrincham Reserves until summer 2007 when he resigned. He subsequently became manager at Leek Town and at Abbey Hey. Neil has also been coach and manager at successful local junior club, Fletcher Moss, for more than ten years and has been a scout for Liverpool FC.
Now he is the Moss Lane groundsman and he has done a superb job in making it one of the best surfaces in the Conference. Indeed, Manchester United Reserves now play at Moss Lane, with Neil's pitch being a major factor in that choice. Outside football, Neil is employed by North Cestrian school in Altrincham.
Neil's hardworking assistant is Bryan Ford.
Commercial & Corporate Officers
- Commercial Manager - Noel Shield
- PR & Promotions Manager - Peter Foster
- Robins' Shop - Dave Thorpe, Ian Boardman, Campbell McLay
Diversity & Inclusion
- Hon. Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Jordan Tyms
Supporters' Liaison Officers (joint)
- Mike Reeves
- Alison Corser
Community Sports Hall
- Community Manager - Sara Newton
- Football Development Officer - TBC
- Safety & COVID Officer - Nigel Bunce
- Chief Steward (joint) - Ian Cox, Keith Armstrong
- Matchday Reception - Peter Lewis
- Police Liaison Officer - Cliff Lea
Bar and Catering Team
- Club Caterer - TBC
- Catering Manager - Dawn Abbott
- Press and Media Officers - Brian Flynn and John Edwards
- Alty TV Videographer- Mark Bennett
- Photographer - Mike Ripley (Michael Ripley Photography) and Jonathan Moore
- Programme Editors - Grahame and Terry Rowley
- Radio Robins - Brian Flynn and a team of commentators
- Social Media - Andrew Flynn
- Tannoy Announcers - Steve Raftery, Andy Wilson, Ian Wilkinson
- Website - TBC
GENERAL: Home | News | Archive | Matchday Updates