HOME: News | Archive | Matchday Updates
CLUB: Club Info. | Contact | Ground/Prices | Location | Management | Officials | Town | Vacancies
COMMERCIAL: Commercial Info. | Corporate Info | Fundraisers | Club Shop | Sponsorship | Support MNDA | Venue Hire |
LINKS: Links & Maps |
MATCHDAY: Matchday Live Updates |
MOBILE SITE: Mobile Site |
SUPPORTERS: Supporters | Away Travel | T.A.S.C. | Events |
TEAMS: Team Overview | First Team | Fixtures | Ladies Team | League Line-Ups | League Table | Playing Legends | Reserves | Statistics | Through the Years | Youth Team | Youth (Football Education) |
SITE: About | Search Site | Site Index |
VENUE HIRE: Venue Hire |
HOME | NEWS | CLUB | COMMERCIAL | LINKS | SITE MAP | SUPPORTERS | TEAMS | VENUE HIRE
Chairman, Board, Directors
- Chairman - Grahame Rowley
- Vice-Chairman - Vacant
- Directors - Derek Wilshaw, Neil Faulkner, Bill Waterson, Mike Adams, Lawrence Looney
Above, left to right: Grahame Rowley, Derek Wilshaw, Neil Faulkner, Lawrence Looney
Recent Board History 2010-
Grahame Rowley became Chairman on 13 September 2010 after Geoff Goodwin resigned on that date. Grahame had previously been vice-chairman, having joined the Board in 2002. Grahame is a local man and a longstanding supporter of the club who, for many years, has also co-edited the matchday programme, with his brother, Terry.
From 14 September 2010, the Board comprised: Grahame Rowley (chairman), Andrew Shaw (vice-chairman), Derek Wilshaw and Paul Daine. Andrew was appointed vice-chairman in June 2011.
Andrew Shaw was named as vice-chairman in June 2011, a post he resigned on 1 February 2017 and, five days later, it was announced that Bill Waterson had become a significant shareholder and had joined the Board. In April 2016 Bill, a lifelong supporter, had made a significant donation to the Football Club. Nigel Collins left in 2017 and Barry Pond retired at the end of the 2016-17 season.
Local company J Davidson became the major sponsors from 2011/12. The club has since continued to live within its means and took a big step forward with the building of a large Community Sports Hall within the stadium, which opened at the end of 2014 and has quickly become a community hub for the Altrincham area.
On 26 February 2017 it was announced that Paul Daine and Nigel Collins had resigned and that Mike Adams, who has a wealth of commercial experience, had been appointed as a Director, with particular responsibility for the Club's financial accounting. After joining initially as an Associate Director in 2017, Rob Esteva became a full Director in January 2018 but resigned in January 2019 owing to family and professional commitments.
On 22 March 2018 it was announced that Lawrence Looney, former Chief Executive at Lancaster City, had joined the Board.
Earlier History: The Altrincham FC Board 2002-10
The Club has been through various changes in the past decade.
In late July, 2002, Geoff Goodwin, owner of the Go Goodwins coach company, became Chairman. In the previous two years Mark Harris had become the Chairman in early 2001. However, Mark, who was formerly the Deputy Chairman, himself resigned w.e.f. the end of the 2001-02 season.
New Directors were appointed from February 2001 after the Club had been saved from a winding-up order threatened by an ex-Director. The remaining Board members resigned in May 2002, and the major shareholders, led by Gerry Berman, held an EGM on 17 June 2002. From this, a new Board emerged comprising Grahame Rowley and Geoff Goodwin both nominated by Graham Heathcote, and Andrew Shaw nominated by Len Rosenfield. They brought much needed stability to the clubs operations, with a small operating profit being made in 2002-03.
They battled hard to pay off the club's debts, which they inherited, and the local council's sale of the car park at Moss Lane brought a much-needed cash injection in 2007. In summer 2006, Grahame Rowley was named as Vice-Chairman and Derek Wilshaw joined Carole Hassan and Barry Pond on an expanded Board. Derek also assumed the role of Club Secretary from Graham Heathcote.
A significant step in the club's remergence at national level came when Andrew Shaw was elected to the Football Conference's national board in October 2006. At the end of May 2007, former Football League chief executive David Burns joined the Board. Sadly, David died in January 2009. Barry Pond resigned from the board at the end of 2008-09 season but became an Associate Director in July 2013, a role to which dormer Kidderminster Harriers' director Nigel Collins was also added.
In June 2008, Carole Hassan resigned due to her other commitments, her place on the Board being taken by Paul Daine, a local businessman who owns the Premium Collections company.
Under the guidance of Geoff Goodwin the club moved from the brink of insolvency to a position of stability through a policy of financial prudence. The club refused to follow the easy path of administration, by which the club's creditors would have been left out of pocket, and instead worked hard to return to solvency.
Under his chairmanship the club consistently reported a small profit each year. Geoff resigned as Chairman in September 2010, with Grahame Rowley assuming that role.
- President - Noel White B.E.M.
- Vice Presidents - B. Green, P. Daine, J. Forster, D. Whipp, D. Whipp, R. Macauley, E. Robinson, J.Evans, D. Ordman, G. Mackridge, S. Ritchie, N. Faulkner, B.Smith, B.Peters, J. Wilson
- Life Vice Presidents - D. Baldwin, B. Coop, G. Heslop, B. King, F. Nash, D.Wilshaw, B.Pond, B.Flynn, T.Surridge, C.Nash O.B.E., D.Tracey, J.Wagg, R.Armstrong, M Maddox, J. Prince, J. Laidlar
Club Secretary: Derek Wilshaw
|Derek Wilshaw (right) was appointed the Club Secretary from 24 July, 2006, replacing Graham Heathcote in that position, which he had combined with managership of the club. Prior to his appointment as Club Secretary, Derek had for many years previously worked, as he does now, on a voluntary basis in the Moss Lane offices of the Football Club.|
Team ManagementFirst Team:
- Manager - Phil Parkinson (above, far left)
- Assistant Manager - Neil Sorvel (above, second from left)
- Head Coach - Chris Parkes (above, second from right)
- Analyst - Mark Bushell (above, far right)
For more details of the First Team management see the Club Management page.
- Manager - Chris Rowley
- Manager - Keith Edleston
- Fitness Coach - John McManus
- Coach - Dave Grundy
- Manager - Paul Fay
- Coach - Sam Heathcote
- Manager - Ritchie Semple
- Manager - Sara Newton
First Team Support Staff
- Kitman - Steve Foster and John Skelhorn
- Chief Scouts - Bob McClement and Bill East
Medical & Rehabilitation Staff
- Club Doctor - Dr Richard Parris
- Sports Therapists - Tommy Uda, BSc.(Hons) Sports Therapy, and Ryan Murray, BSc.(Hons) Sports and Exercise Science, MSc. (Sports Therapy)
Above, left to right: Ryan Murray and Tommy Uda
Neil Brown was manager of Altrincham Reserves until summer 2007 when he resigned. He subsequently became manager at Leek Town and at Abbey Hey. Neil has also been coach and manager at successful local junior club, Fletcher Moss, for more than ten years and has been a scout for Liverpool FC.
Now he is the Moss Lane groundsman and he has done a superb job in making it one of the best surfaces in the Conference. Indeed, Manchester United Reserves now play at Moss Lane, with Neil's pitch being a major factor in that choice. Outside football, Neil is employed by Go Goodwins coaches.
Commercial & Corporate Officers
- Commercial Manager - Noel Shield
- PR & Promotions Manager - Peter Foster
- Robins' Shop - Dave Thorpe, Ian Boardman, Campbell McLay
Diversity & Inclusion
- Hon. Head of Diversity & Inclusion - Jacqui Forster
- Hon. Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Jordan Tyms
Supporters' Liaison Officers (joint)
- Mike Reeves
- Alison Corser
Community Sports Hall
- Community Manager - TBC
- Football Development Officer - TBC
- Matchday Secretary - TBC
- Safety Officer - Nigel Bunce
- Chief Steward (joint) - Ian Cox, Keith Armstrong
- Matchday Reception - Peter Lewis
- Police Liaison Officer - Cliff Lea
Bar and Catering Team
- Club Caterer - Bentley's Catering (Richie Bentley)
- Assistant Catering Manager - Dawn Abbott
- Press and Media Officers - Brian Flynn and John Edwards
- Alty TV Videographer- Mark Bennett
- Photographer - Gavin Rathbone (GR Photography) and Mike Ripley (Michael Ripley Photography).
- Programme Editors - Grahame and Terry Rowley
- Radio Robins - Brian Flynn and a team of commentators
- Social Media - Andrew Flynn
- Tannoy Announcers - Steve Raftery, Andy Wilson, Ian Wilkinson
- Website - TBC
GENERAL: Home | News | Archive | Matchday Updates