HOME | NEWS | CLUB | COMMERCIAL | LINKS | SITE MAP | SUPPORTERS | TEAMS | VENUE HIRE
If necessary, refresh to update... the page should auto-update every two minutes.
SUTTON COLDFIELD TOWN v ALTRINCHAM
EvoStik Premier Division
Saturday, 18 November 2017, 3pm
Simon Richman is available before starting his three-match ban, but Josh Amis has gone on loan to Colne, where he joins Sean Miller. Also unavailable are Laurence Taylor and Tom Hannigan, who are with the Reserves today. In addition, John Disney and Lewis Short are expected to be missing, through injury, but Josh Hancock should be fit after being rested on Tuesday night with a minor knock.
Bembo-Leta moves to the bench. For the Royals, Townsend (from Barwell) and Birch have returned to their former club to start today.
SUTTON COLDFIELD TOWN(Blue)
|1. Nicky Draper, 2. James Beresford, Martin, 3. Nathaniel Kelly, 4. James Haran, 5. Michael Townsend (c), 6. Matt Baker, 7. Tyler Little, 8. Reece Webb, 9. Danny O’Callaghan, 10. Aaron Birch, 11. Gurjit Singh, Sub 12. Lewis Probert, 14. Harri Lovett, 15. Matt Waiters, 16. Alex Perry, 17. Lee Smith|
ALTRINCHAM(Red & white striped shirts, black shorts, red socks)
|1. Tony THOMPSON, 2. Shaun DENSMORE, 3. Connor HAMPSON, 4. James JONES, 5. Ben HARRISON, 6. Jake MOULT (c), 7. John JOHNSTON, 8. Simon RICHMAN, 9. Jordan HULME, 10. James POOLE, 11. Josh HANCOCK. Subs 12. Tom PEERS, 14. Max HARROP, 15. Joel BEMBO-LETA, 16. Mason WALSH, 17. Sam SHERIDAN.|
This is Altrincham's first ever visit to Sutton Coldfield Town, where there is an artificial pitch. At kick-off Altrincham lead the EvoStik Premier, whilst the Royals occupy bottom place, as do their ground-share tenants Romulus in the division below.
- Pre-match: Dry and fairly bright before kick off.
- 1: Alty kick off on the 3G pitch
- 2: Hulme turns and scores from edge of box 0-1 . Not the most powerful of shots
- 3: Harrison foueld as he cleared ball
- 4: Good Harrison run then Alty corner on right
- 5: Richman penalised for foot up
- 6: Royals' throw
- 7: Hancock downed on edge of box; f/k
- 8: Hancock f/k hits wall then Johnson mishits very wide for a g/k
- 9: Hulme wins ball and via Hancock win a corner, James Jones heads in after ball knocked on to him, 0-2
- 10: Kelly fouls Poole halfway on right
- 11: From Densmore freekick wide right 50 yards out Moult heads in 0-3
- 12: Thompson kicks clear from Richman backpass
- 13: JJ loses ball then regains it
- 14: Kelly slices out for throw
- 15: Haran fouls Harrison halfway.
- 16: Sloppy back pass to Thompson who slcies out of play
- 17: Moult loses ball.
- 18: Poole shot blocked then Richman shot off target
- 19: Royals' Lyttle needs treatment
- 20: Royals' band strikes up with La Cucaracha!
- 21: Haran spoken to after another foul on Harrison
- 22: Densmore robs Singh and is fouled
- 23: Hulme is down off the ball holding his head but leg is treated
- 24: Hulme walks off after treatment and leaves pitch looking accusingly at a Coldfield man
- 25: Hulme played in left of goal and Draper blocks well; seeming foul on Hulme not given
- 26: Hancock plays in Poole who twists but shoots wide- should have done better
- 27: Densmore halted on right; g/k to Royals.
- 28: Ref replaces the ball.
- 29: Hampson wins throw in Royals' half.
- 30: Haran gets better of Jones up right and low coss is skied over bar by O'Callaghan
- 31: Lyttle wins throw then Roytals offside
- 32: Hampson nod back to Thompson
- 33: Beresford long throw earns home side's first corner - on left
- 34: Hulme clears; Royals getting forward a bit at last
- 35: Two Hampson throws on right.
- 36: Haran puts Jones on floor - he has committed a litany of offences but only gets a lecture
- 37: Alty offside. O'Callaghan hooked shot loops well over bar
- 38: Beresford wins his side a g/k off Hulme
- 39: Jones beaten in air; Royals' throw follows; fine Poole clearance to JJ who wins a corner in right corner
- 40: Hulme header from corner wins another one.
- 41: Home g/k after Alty corner comes off Moult
- 42: Richman heads clear inown box. Hampson run up middle comes to nothing
- 43: Another rendition of La Cucaracha from the supporters' band! Poole catches man in centre of pitch but he wins f/k. Great curlerv from Poole just clears bar after clever backheel by Harrison in opponents' box
- 44: Densmore cross to keeper. JJ ambitious shot from right into side netting
- 45: Johnston penalised halfway.
- 45+1: Alty f/k in the one added minute . JJ cross ends the half
- :0-3 - Royals improved in latter part of first half but Thompson not yet tested.
- 46: Royals kick off towards clubhouse end.
- 47: Poole mispass
- 48: Good move ends in Alty offside. Moult penalised for climbing
- 49: Good JJ run but halted and home side win throw
- 51: Counter attack; JJ mispass in box in promising position
- 52: Ball cleared off Huilme toes for a corner after JJ run ; Poole cross wins corner.
- 53: Poole corner gives Harrison a clear header which he puts well off target
- 54: Alty started half well. Richman shot blocked.
- 55: Jones error but offside given
- 56: Hancock foul 40 yards from own goal. Beresford shot blocked
- 57: Hampson sets JJ running but he is halted
- 58: Poole ball runs to keeper
- 59: Hancock halted; JJ shot held at second attempted; Beresford down for treatment
- 61: Beresford replaced by Walters
- 62: Brilliant Moult ball to JJ who feeds Hulme in box but ball gets under feet and is half cleared
- 63: Hampson wins corner
- 64: JJ to byline but clips it to keeper
- 65: Thompson goalkick - has the band behind him now; Moult puts Hulme through on goal but keeper blocks well
- 66: Hampson clears well; Poole miskick in box
- 67: Walters 20 yarder goes wide
- 68: Probert for Webb
- 69: Good Birch shot just wide from 20 yards
- 70: Home side having a better spell without really threatening
- 71: Hulme fed by Poole but fluffs his third one and one against keeper
- 72: Hulme cross cleared
- 73: Hulme does superbly to get past man byut his cross evades all
- 74: Perry for Townsend. Last home sub, Alty yet to make one. JJ shot wins corner; Harrison hammers shot just wide
- 75: Walsh for Poole; Hancock goes to no.10 role
- 77: Alty throw on halfway.
- 78: Alty goalkick
- 79: Densmore foul in own corner; Thompson collects it
- 80: Walters breaches offside trap and hits the post
- 81: Walsh halted. JJ to byline on right and Hulme nets with low shot 0-4
- 83: Royals keeper takes f/k
- 84: Thompson slice into touch. Band plays theme to Titanic, "Sinking fast" then resumes more upbeat music
- 85: Hancock halted in box'
- 86: Walsh fouled and he finally books Haran for regular offending
- 87: Densmore caught by foot up accident
- 88: Moult fouled halfway
- 89: Baker fouls Walsh and is booked
- 90: Moult shot wins corner. Moult unable to turn in corner at back post
- 90+1: Three added minutes as Jones hobbles off and Bembo-Leta comes on
- 90+2: Royals offside
- 90+3: Cross from right and point blank save by Thompson, his first of the match
- SUTTON COLDFIELD TOWN 0 ALTRINCHAM 4 (Hulme 2,81 Jones 9, Moult 11)
- : 0-4