HOME | NEWS | CLUB | COMMERCIAL | LINKS | SITE MAP | SUPPORTERS | TEAMS | VENUE HIRE
If necessary, refresh to update... the page should auto-update every two minutes.
ALTRINCHAM v SUTTON COLDFIELD TOWN
EvoStik Premier match
Saturday, 17 February, 2018, 3pm
Altrincham are unchanged but Johnston and Walsh join the bench. The Royals have named only four substitutes.
ALTRINCHAM(Red & white striped shirts, black shorts, red socks)
|1. Tony THOMPSON, 2. Shaun DENSMORE, 3. Connor HAMPSON, 4. James JONES, 5. Ben HARRISON, 6. Jake MOULT (c), 7. Tom PEERS, 8. Max HARROP, 9. Jordan HULME, 10. James POOLE, 11. Josh HANCOCK. Subs: 12. John JOHNSTON, 14. Simon RICHMAN, 15. Andy WHITE, 16. Mason WALSH, 17. Josh AMIS|
SUTTON COLDFIELD TOWN(Blue)
|1. Jonathan Brown, 2. Tyler Lyttle, 3. Lewis Probert, 4. Lee Smith, 5. Regan Upton, 6. James Beresford, 7. Checkaine Steele, 8. Danny O'Callaghan (c), 9. Justin Richards, 10. Karl Hawley, 11. Niall Flint. Subs: 12. Dexter Walters, 14. Reece Webb, 15. Dominic Dell, 16. Max McNulty.|
This is the first ever meeting of the two clubs at Moss Lane.
It's a sunny afternoon at the JDS after a damp morning.
- Pre-match: There will be a minute's applause in memory of supporter David Cameron who sadly died recently aged 32. Teams have only just emerged at 3pm.`
- 1: Royals kick off towards Golf Rd and after 37 seconds a clear opening but Hawley shot goes to Thompson from Hawley
- 2: Shaky start as Densmore forced to concede a corner from a cross
- 3: Royals' throw from Jones clearance
- 4: Moult handball unpunished in midfield then Harrison challenge likewise
- 5: Alty counter attack ends with Poole shot to keeper but Hampson neeeds treatment after knock in build up
- 6: Hampson recovers. Harrisonn almost slices cross into own net but concedes a corner
- 7: Shaky start by Alty. Jones wins goalkick as Royals threaten again
- 8: Harrop wins ball well.
- 9: Steele's cross cleared - O'Callaghan overhits long pass
- 10: Harrison slice into touch.
- 11: Hancock fouled on front edge of box; played on till Poole shot went wide then f/k awarded. Upton booked
- 12: Poole f/k hits wall. Fine Poole ball soon after but ball cleared
- 13: Cross hits Probert hand but no penalty. Hawley allowed space and feeds Lyttle who drives home a fine goal from the right 0-1
- 14: Alty cannot complain at being behind.
- 15: Thompson takes f/k for offside
- 16: Royals' throw at Alty end. Goalkick follows for Alty.
- 17: Harrop into box and Hancock wins corner after Moult's fine ball started move.
- 18: Hancock mispass to opponent as Alty continue to misfire
- 19: After good move, Densmore shot blocked then Hancock wins a corner
- 20: Hancock shot deflects for a corner on right
- 21: Ball comes out to Harrop who (again) hits a 22 yard screamer into the net 1-1
- 22: Royals offside
- 23: Hawley delays shot and ball is cleared
- 24: Hancock seen off in box from Peers ball. Alty pressure now and ball just cleared for a corner; Hulme swivels and ball just goes wide
- 25: Lyttle halted; Alty g/kick
- 26: Royals' mispass ends attack
- 27: Hulme wins corner on left.
- 28: Moult covers counter attack well
- 29: Royals clear into touch.
- 30: Steele shot flattens Jones momentarily
- 31: Smith trips Harrop; f/k 25 yards out centrally
- 32: Poole miscues and misdirects the freekick wide for a g/k
- 33: Upton fouls Poole in circle.
- 34: Hulme does well on right touchline and cross finds Densmore whose shot just goes wide from two yards
- 35: Peers cross cleared; Poole mispass - g/k to Royals
- 36: Visitors' move breaks down
- 37: Pitch cutting up a bit on inside left channel; Peers and Poole misunderstanding
- 38: Injured Densmore replaced by White
- 39: Hulme does well and his shot wins a corner on right. Keeper pushes ball away and collects a follow up
- 40: Superb Harrop ball then Hampson does well.
- 41: White seen off on edge of visitors' box.
- 42: Poole shot blocked. Harop manhandled but no f/k given
- 43: Steele's shot saved by Thompson low down
- 44: After poor start Alty have improved but Royals don't look a bottom of the table side.
- 45: Hulme can't quite gather threaded Harrop ball.
- 45+1: To be two added minutes. Keeper Brown booked for timewasting
- 45+2: Royals' corner - cleared. Hawley handball given in Alty box.
- : 1-1
- 46: Alty emerge first for second half. They will kick off towards Golf Road.
- 47: Brown misdirects kicked clearance; poor Harrop pass just reaches Harrison as Alty again start poorly
- 48: White shot runs to keeper
- 49: Alty throw halfway on right.
- 50: Low Hancock cross gathered by keeper
- 51: Keeper punches Moult cross when could have caught it
- 52: Harrop and Smith tangle; latter needs treatment.
- 53: Smith cannot continue. Webb for Smith who seems very unsteady and has to be helped off
- 54: Play resumes with a bounce up wher Alty play ball to keeper Bown
- 55: Ref gives corner to visitors which is cleared; good Hampson cross cleared
- 56: Superb 35 yard chip by Poole is just tipped out by retreating keeper for a corner. Johnston for Peers. JJ goes onto muddier right wing.
- 57: Jones heads Poole corner over bar; Hawley offside
- 58: JJ run halted.
- 59: JJ cross finds Hampson who miscues and then JJ does same from right of goal
- 60: Royals f/k for handball in circle. Poole fouled halfway.
- 61: White mispass. Harrop curler goes for g/k
- 62: Walters, new loanee, for Flint
- 63: Raining steadily now
- 64: Poole mispass after good skill from him.
- 65: Rain stops. White fouls man as visitors enjoy a good spell.
- 66: JJ run on right halted. Upton slices JJ cross over bar for a corner
- 67: Poole corner punched out for a corner on other side (left)
- 68: Sutton Coldfield far from being out of the game
- 69: Johnston fouled in right corner. Overhit f/k by Poole
- 70: Freekick in own box to Sutton Coldfield. Sun shining again.
- 71: Hancock shot wins corner from Hampson feed. Hawley trips Harrop on front of box "D"
- 72: Harrop hits wall then Hampson wins corner on left. JJ corner evades all and goes for g/k
- 73: Two Royals' men collide going for a header and both are down in circle.
- 74: Both players recover as others have a drinks break
- 75: Alty using the right wing more than the better surface on left
- 76: Royals offside. Walsh is readied. Johnston heads Hampson cross over bar from back post
- 77: Hampson throw on left.
- 78: White cross cleared as time ticks away for Alty
- 79: Hancock tripped in box- penalty after long pause. Johnston to take penalty
- 80: Johnston nets penalty 2-1
- 81: Dell readied for Royals as is Mason Walsh for Alty
- 82: Hampson cross to keeper. Jones slips great tackle by Whie but corner for visitors
- 83: JJ dribble into box then keeper and defender colide and Alty get corner. Jones header from corner tipped onto bar and away
- 84: Walsh for Poole and Dell for Beresford
- 85: Harrop fouled in own half.
- 86: Harrison foul on Richards just right of box.
- 87: Richards freekick; cleared
- 88: Harrop foul then Dell appears to punch him! and Harrop gets yellow card
- 89: Dell sent off after four minutes on pitch
- 90: Walsh clears into touch.
- 90+1: 6 added minutes!
- 90+2: Alty on back foot and concede a f/k 25 yards out.
- 90+3: Richards f/k to Thompson. Alty passing ball around at back
- 90+4: Walsh low cross yields a throw in corner. Jones concedes throw near half way. Harrop named Man of Match
- 90+5: Thompson booked for timewasting.
- 90+6: Hulme wins corner on left. Gate is 905.
- 90+7: FT
- ALTRINCHAM 2 (Harrop 21, Johnston pen 80) SUTTON COLDFIELD TOWN 1 (Lyttle 13)
- : 2-1 Alty made to work hard.