The Altrincham FC Supporters' Club - TASC

By kind permission of Brian Flynn, the minutes of the Altrincham F.C. Supporters' Club Committee are reproduced below. In due course, the Committee will launch its own website.

Minutes of The Altrincham Supporters' Club (TASC) Committee Meeting,
Saturday, 21st October 2010.


Anthony Wright, Colin Mitchell, Brian Flynn, Grahame Rowley, Peter Foster, Steve Foster, Dan Jones.

Apologies from Dawn Abbott.

Minutes from the September Meeting

Updates as follows...


Football Predictions Competition:

This has not progressed as well as was hoped, and is to be discontinued. An alternative format of competition has been agreed, based on forecasting of Premiership results prior to each home game.

Steve Foster and Graham Rowley will obtain samples of the sheets, which will be circulated with a view to starting the scheme as soon as possible.

Penalty Competition:

This has had a mixed start for a variety of reasons (including an invasion from Scotland Stag Party). Format will continue with entrants agreed for the next game.

My Square:

Progressing slowly, agreed that Gareth Thomas be asked to continue sales right up to availability of tickets for the Christmas Draw.

Christmas Draw:

Still aim to start sales first home league match in November.

Tickets to be printed as soon as prizes agreed (Brian Flynn/Gareth Thomas).

Current state of prizes:

  • Dyson Vacuum cleaner (donated by the Scottish Stag Party)
  • One from AFC Board (Technology based has been suggested eg Kinder Talking Book)
  • Donation from Geoff Goodwin (agreed but not specified)
  • Two from TASC (approx £100 – suggestion being 2 x Experience vouchers)
  • One to be 2 tickets for Centenary Dinner (end of season), Ball, and signed shirt

    Raffle For Team Coach Trip to Eastbourne:

    Now agreed to be scheduled for either Crawley (Nov 20th) or AFC Wimbledon away game (26/2). Awaiting confirmation that Crawley game will have overnight stop before decision made.

    Pence in Pay Packet Donation:

    This has not progressed. Brian Flynn to follow up with Ian Rosendaal

    Golf Day:

    Support for this has been poor (7 entrants at present) so agreed that it will be cancelled.

    Agreed that early notice of an event for early Summer 2011 – possibly June – would be helpful, with modifications to format, possibly early afternoon start on a Friday. Balloons:

    Planned to repeat last game of season. Winner Denis Massey, runner up Mike Ford

    Pensioners' Christmas Lunch

    Wed Dec 8th – Brian Flynn to circulate detail next week, price to be confirmed, but around £8

    Recycling Ink Cartridges

    This idea to be broadened out so that it could involve smaller consumer goods (Mobiles, Computer Games, Cartridges, DVD, Video, etc) recycling service

    Agreed that it needs publicity and momentum. Grahame Rowley and Dan Jones to discuss and agree an approach with Sarah Rowley.


    ‘Part time and Proud of it’ still the theme. Letters to players asking for info and a picture produced and to be distributed after Saturday. Gavin Rathbone still hoping to have it available by mid November


    Grahame Rowley to ask potential new admin resource to write to lapsed members. Membership evening to coincide with Open evening with Ken McKenna hoped to be November 11th. Grahame Rowley to confirm this following discussion with KM.

    Away Travel

    Good attendance on coaches to Eastbourne and Histon (shame about the results). Funds slightly down but manageable.

    Any Other Business

  • Bottle Bars

    Agreed that this is worth following up with Jenny Heslop as a means of achieving better bar sales before and at half time during matches.

    Issues seem to be manpower, a fridge, and space – Brian Flynn to follow up with JH

  • Alty Pint Glasses

    Possibly good addition to shop for Christmas – Brian Flynn to get costs.

  • Fixture Posters

    An offer has been received for help with distributing posters around town. Agreed that this is something that should be improved. Action for Dan Jones who will produce posters. Brian Flynn to appeal for more distributors

  • PA System

    General agreement that the current system is poor. Varying views on the cost to replace, however, for a long term solution, including setup and cabling, Dan Jones estimated a max. £1000 spend.

    Agreed that we should pursue this, immediate actions are:

  • for Grahame Rowley to put an appeal for support/ideas for the replacement into the programme
  • Colin Mitchell to approach a contact at ‘Tannoy’
  • Dan Jones to do more research into pricing

  • TASC Web site

    At present there is work needed on this, and Dan Jones offered to help by reviewing and updating

  • Ebay

    Agreed that we should investigate further the possibility of developing a sales outlet on Ebay for unwanted items from supporters, with funds to go to the club. Grahame Rowley to check with possible new Admin resource as to whether he would be able to assist with this.

    Next Meeting

  • Thursday November 25th, 8pm Orange Tree
  • Monday December 13th, 8pm Orange Tree
  • Saturday January 22nd, 11am in The Noel White Suite