The Altrincham FC Supporters' Club - TASC

By kind permission of Brian Flynn, the minutes of the Altrincham F.C. Supporters' Club Committee are reproduced below. In due course, the Committee will launch its own website.

Minutes of The Altrincham Supporters' Club (TASC) Committee Meeting,
Saturday, 25th September 2010.


Anthony Wright, Colin Mitchell, Brian Flynn, Grahame Rowley, Peter Foster

Apologies from John Edwards, Steve Foster, Gareth Thomas, Mike Ainsworth, Dawn Abbott, Ian Jones

Minutes from the August Meeting

Circulated, agreed and discussed – updates as follows...


Football Predictions Competition:

  • Start date now agreed as October 2nd
  • Brian Flynn has publicised via the AFC Website & Anthony Wright will run the competition

    Penalty Competition:

  • Now agreed that we use the main goals, taking care re the pitch
  • Although started September 4, entrants from that day to have a second chance

    My Square:

  • Gareth Thomas started selling from Kidderminster game
  • Slow to Steady initial sales

    Christmas Draw:

  • Aim to start sales 1st match in November (either FA Cup or AFC Wimbledon)
  • Brian Flynn to organise tickets
  • Prizes agreed:
  • - One from AFC Board
  • - Approach to Geoff Goodwin
  • - Two from TASC (approx £100)
  • - One to be 2 tickets for Centenary Dinner (end of season), Ball, and signed shirt

    Raffle For Team Coach Trip to Eastbourne:

  • Did not take place due to circumstances
  • Now agreed to be scheduled for either Crawley (November) or AFC Wimbledon away game (February)

    Pence in Pay Packet Donation:

  • John Gill via Ian Rosendaal has suggested this scheme.
  • Brian Flynn to approach Ian or John Gill for help in organising this.

    Golf Day:

  • Planned for Mobberley again – awaiting confirmation of costs
  • Planned date Friday October 15th.


  • Closing date for returns is Oct 4th
  • Planned to repeat last game of season

    Pensioners' Christmas Lunch:

  • Planned for Wed Dec 8th – Brian Flynn to circulate details

    Recycling Ink Cartridges

  • In Mike Ainsworth’s absence, no progress. Suggested that this could be investigated by Sarah Rowley as a part of a broader review of recycling opportunities (Cartridges, DVD, Video, etc). Grahame Rowley to approach Sarah


  • Target hit-list to be drawn up of people who are not currently members
  • Decided to have a Membership evening to try to get focus
  • Suggested that this coincides with Open evening with new manager
  • Grahame Rowley to communicate suitable timescale (depends on managerial appointment)

    Away Travel

  • Funds for away travel have been tight however now seem settled and the Eastbourne game was surprisingly well attended. Funds topped up from the old Star account to ensure solvency.

    Any Other Business

  • Calendar: Agreed that theme of ‘Part time and Proud of it’ would be appropriate. Grahame Rowley to check with Ken McKenna that he is OK with that. Pete Foster to liaise with Gavin Rathbone re production with aim to have it available by mid November.

    Next Meeting

  • Thursday October 21st 2010 @ 8.00pm at The Orange Tree, Altrincham