Supporter Liaison Officer
Voluntary role based at Home/J Davidson Stadium and reports to Bill Waterson.
Job Purpose: The aim of the volunteer Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) is to build and maintain dialogue between fans of Altrincham FC and the Club itself, and aid communication both ways.
- Provide supporters with a link into the Club, allowing fans to put their thoughts and views forward on any subject
- Gather feedback (formally and informally) from supporters, identify key issues and opportunities and communicate these to the Club
- Communicate key information to supporters and other stakeholders (through a variety of media, but including face-to-face meetings if required)
- Plug into other areas of the football club to communicate any relevant information to supporters, e.g. updates on projects undertaken by the Ground Committee.
- Communicate match day arrangements to supporters (home and away), including kick off time, admission prices, segregation arrangements (where appropriate).
- Be willing to contribute or provide content to media communications where appropriate – including but not limited to, match day programme, official website, social media or external media.
Code of Conduct:
Anyone working or volunteering for Altrincham Football Club will be expected to adhere to the following Code of conduct.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Confidentiality and discretion will be required from time to time
- Attendance at games – 100% attendance not required but it would be preferable if an SLO was able to attend the majority of home games to provide a visible presence at the ground
- A good understanding and awareness of current Social Media, with a significant online presence desirable – this can be arranged if necessary..
- Passion – we are driven by a commitment to achieving the best possible service for Altrincham Football Club, and its supporters.
- Quality – we are driven by a commitment to achieving excellence in everything that we do.
- Integrity – we are honest, transparent, and accountable in all of our dealings with colleagues and with the general public.
- Mutual Respect – We work together to create an environment in which our employees and volunteers treat each other with respect and dignity.
- Conflict of interest - We expect employees and volunteers to avoid any personal, financial or other interests that might hinder their capability or willingness to perform their duties.
- Collaboration – Employees and volunteers should be friendly and collaborative and should not present obstacles to their colleagues’ work.
- Communication - All employees and volunteers must be open for communication with their colleagues, supervisors or team members.
- Loyalty – our first loyalty is to Altrincham FC